Menu
ajch1984
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Repeatedly Freezing and Resetting

For over a month now my main TiVo box freezes and hangs when watching TV or recorded shows. Eventually it will reset itself and this happens several times a day. When it's rebooting the box can take over half an hour to come back on and even then there's a lag when changing channels. For sports/movie channels the box doesn't think I have the subscription initially and after 10-15 seconds it recognises the privilege. I've tired to call customer services several times and eventually give up as the call is never answered. Can an engineer be arranged to get the box replaced, thanks!

0 Kudos
ajch1984
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Repeatedly Freezing and Resetting

Hi, the TiVo box is again repeatedly doing this again today. Can a member of the Virgin Team reply so I can get this fixed. It's really poor customer service when there is no other means to contact customer services. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajch1984,

Thank you for posting on the community forums, I really am sorry for our delayed response to your post and for the ongoing issues you've been having with your Tivo box.

Can you confirm if you are still having trouble with this since posting? If so, please just let me know and I'll be more than happy to arrange the earliest engineer visit for you ASAP.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Beth

0 Kudos
ajch1984
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes this is still happening and is making watching TV really difficult. Can you drop me a direct message to arrange an engineer? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Binsylad
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem, and to be honest I have had the problem fkd some time. 

Live TV AND Recorded TV occasionally freezes and often just stops. 

The worst thing is that it also resets its self and takes 10-15 mins to get started again. 

Can some one help please?? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Binsylad 

The quickest way to report your fault is to call VM.

150 from a landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. CS open at 8am every day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos