Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Needs Replaced

My TiVo box was due to be replaced a few years ago but the appointment wasn't kept by the engineer for a particular reason that day, and we just let it go.  But as the TV is being used more at the moment, the box is getting slower and slower and sometimes doesn't respond or freezes, which is adding to the household stresses at the moment.  I am - understandably - finding it impossible to get through to VM on the phone or the chat (not easy to find a link to that) so would someone be able to point me in the right direction to get assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo Box Needs Replaced

Hi PDavey1,

If I were you I would try negotiating a new contract and ask for a V6 to be thrown in for free, may as well save some money at the same time.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Further to newapollo's post, have a play with the VM bundle checker here to see what the new-customer price for your particular chosen options & package is. You won't necessarily match it, but it gives you an idea as to what the current costs might be.

Regardless of whether you go that route or not, if your box is locking up & rebooting, that's a fault - and the box should be replaced no issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your answers - I did indeed negotiate a new contract and the new V6 box is due next week, a good result.

Appreciate the replies, thanks again.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PDavey1,

Thanks for the update,

I hope you got a decent deal with your new contract.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos