Menu
PjL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This show is temporarily unavailable 603

There is something wrong with VM on demand, I keep getting "This show is temporarily unavailable" for any on demand service with instructions how to diagnose the problem (which are wrong and lead to nowhere) followed by the number 603.

Whats odd is catchup apps work, iPlayer, Youtube, etc all work so it's not my network connection which is fast enough to stream (it's a wired connection to a 200Mb service).

Has anyone seen this and know what the route to fixing it is?

P.S. The link in the web help page to "Test your TV service" also goes nowhere, so that was loads of help.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: This show is temporarily unavailable 603

Have you checked the service status (link at the top of the page)?

All the apps run directly off the broadcasters servers the same as other internet devices now. The rest of OD runs from Virgins own headend servers & it may be an issue with these.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Assuming the OP has a V6 box and this error has only started recently, then if the online advice fails to resolve, calling C/S (as advised by the final page of the help walkthrough) is absolutely the right thing to do with this error message.

They should be able to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello PjL

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you have been having a few issues with your On Demand services

I have just checked a few things from here and can see you have just spoken to our Team

It did appear to be a network siiue which looks like it was resolved. #

Can you please confirm if this is fixed now 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos