Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Picture on my Tv keeps going black but I have sound

The picture on our TV keeps going out but we have sound.  It’s getting more frequent.  This kept happening on our last TV Aswell and then couldn’t get a picture at all, now this happening again on another TV we got which makes me think it’s something to do with the Virgin Box 

we have reset everything and done all the usual stuff.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Picture on my Tv keeps going black but I have sound

When your picture drops out, do you get any on-screen error messages?

And do you still have access to the TiVo menus by pressing "guide" or "home"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No error message just the sound of the programmes, and can’t get menus up either, it’s happened twice tonight, gave up and gone to bed. We normally switch everything off from mains, and then turn it all back on.  But I am worried that it’s damaging another perfectly good tv.

let me know if there is anything I can try when I switch it on tomorrow night.  Before it cuts out again.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It certainly sounds like you may need to call VM to report a fault with your box. That said, VM boxes are designed and intended to be left on 24/7 (they have power saving options), and if you're powering them off at the mains each night, that will cause an issue sooner or later.

It might even be that some component has given up already.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers I will log the fault. although, we do tend to turn the TV of via the mains. But The virgin box is kept on. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4Whittakers, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear that you have a fault with the TV service with the picture and sound. Can you confirm if you have managed to report this, if so what was advised? Have we orgainsed an engineer? Please let us know and we will aim to assist, Chris 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,  I finally did manage get through and report the fault.  I have an engineer coming out tomorrow and will hopefully replace the box.

we have ended up disconnecting the virgin box altogether and watching tv via just a digital Ariel only, since we have done this picture is fine, 

so it is definitely a faulty box.

0 Kudos