Menu
ClaireJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Termination Charges

Hi, I’ve moved house and new address isn’t serviced by VM so have cancelled service. I have been charged termination charges £11.96 per service (house phone, broadband and TV) I’m not in a contract and can find no details on termination charges outside of a contract. Can anyone advise whether this is correct or not.

thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Termination Charges

Was it actually described as a "termination charge" or was it just the final balance on your account for an odd day or two in the month left till your termination date?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ClaireJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No it's definitely described as a contract termination fee. Charged 3 times (same description for all three charges) twice for £11.96 and one charge of £11.98 but I checked my contract and it started March 2018 so I wasn't in any contract period at my move date of 26 April. I just don't understand it and I can't seem to get hold of anyone for an answer.

Thanks C

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

did you make any chances at all to the package between starting it and now. Speed chances? price reductions or anything
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you're on a 30-day rolling contract I believe that you are charged the normal monthly cost for the services.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ClaireJ wrote:

No it's definitely described as a contract termination fee. Charged 3 times (same description for all three charges) twice for £11.96 and one charge of £11.98 but I checked my contract and it started March 2018 so I wasn't in any contract period at my move date of 26 April. I just don't understand it and I can't seem to get hold of anyone for an answer.

Thanks C

When did you tell Virgin Media you were moving?

Outside of a minimum term contract as mentioned there is a 30 day notice period. If you're cancelling without moving then this is covered as your account shuts down 30 days after you advised Virgin Media you wanted to leave.

However if you're moving less that 30 days from the date you let Virgin Media know, then you're still subject to the 30 day notice period, and a 'make up charge' is applied per service to take account between the difference of the day the account closed compared with the 30 days from the date you gave notice.

For instance if you moved 14 days after you told Virgin Media, you'd get 14 days of the normal charges and then 16 days of a contract termination charge to make it the full 30 days notice.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ClaireJ
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I made no changes because I hadn’t been at the property prior to moving out. I did pay the part monthly charge the termination charge was on top of that charge. Is there someone at VM I can query this with or are they really not working?

0 Kudos
ClaireJ
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah thanks, I think that makes sense with the dates they had then. Cheers C

0 Kudos