Menu
Gjw66
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Tastemade

Had an email today saying that we have 22 more channels. Where are they especially Tastemade?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tastemade

You're probably meaning the channels in the list here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/new-channels-on-virgin-tv - also mentioned at https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-boosts-its-free-tv-of... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gjw66
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but I  know all that. I cannot see a channel for Tastemade. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Where have VM mentioned Tastemade?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Tastemade TV is not a broadcast channel & is not licenced by OFCOM in the UK. The only way you can watch the channel is online or via streaming apps, not through any UK TV platform.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Gjw66
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, so it was very wrong of Virgin to claim that they had given us more channels. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Gjw66 wrote:

Thank you, so it was very wrong of Virgin to claim that they had given us more channels. 

They have given you more channels, but they cannot give you a channel that would be illegal for them to broadcast.

As I said before, the channel does not have a broadcast licence from the UK regulator.

Can you scan the email & show us where Virgin specifically mention this channel. It is available on Amazon Prime, so if you have a subscription with Amazon through your V6 box you can get it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Madmartin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media sent out emails stating that Tastemade is available on Demand from the 8th feb, the also posted press releases stating the same, unfortunately Tastemade cannot be found On Demand

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Madmartin wrote:

Virgin Media sent out emails stating that Tastemade is available on Demand from the 8th feb, the also posted press releases stating the same, unfortunately Tastemade cannot be found On Demand

Can you scan a copy of that email and post it on here please?

And a link to a press release?

0 Kudos
Madmartin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just google Tastemade on Virgin Media and you will find them