Menu
steele
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV unwatchable, channels "not authorised"

My Virgin TV is either pixelated and low-res, or the channels display the message "this channel is unauthorised" even on channels that used to be viewable.

Tried unplugging and rebooting. Checked HDMI cable. Checked output settings. Nothing helped.

Can please get some help for this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV unwatchable, channels "not authorised"

TiVo or V6 box? Is the box connecting to the network ok?

0 Kudos
steele
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - Tivo box. Connecting to network but very slow to respond to inputs from the remote. Planner is like swimming through bricks.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow responses can sometimes be resolved by a restart, or perhps a guide rebuild. But channels getting lost and pixellation suggests other issues.

I'd recommend calling it into faults. 150 (or 0345 4541111 from another phone), and choosing the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

You could try working through the box reset cycle, under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo. There's various levels of reset there, from a basic restart to an all-out "clear the lot", all have on-screen guidance as to what they do, and (intentionally awkward) keypresses to guard against unintentional ones.

You'll lose all recordings if your box is deemed faulty anyway.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
steele
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What do I need to do to get a response from a Virgin tech? Phone queue is over an hour, no replies to email. Just going to cancel this service as it's unusable otherwise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Everyone who's calling VM at the moment has similar experiences with call queues - whether that's to cancel or report faults. There is no email contact, never has been. Wait times do vary during the day.

You can try the text message service (07533 051809) which tends to respond after a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos