Menu
tom72
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV shows S313 error and no one at Virgin is available to speak to

I have a S313 error on my TV - Virgin keep sending me fixes (the same one each time) and then the automated call hangs up.  How do you get to speak to someone?????

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV shows S313 error and no one at Virgin is available to speak to

I've not come across this specific error before, but the error codes help-site lists S310 which could be similar - does the advice there help at all?

Sometimes with the automated line, it tries a remote fix and then allows you to redial 10 or so minutes later, when the option to speak to an agent (because the fix hasn't worked) should be offered you. Is that not happening?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tom72
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The 313 error is not on the website.  You're right about what I think should happen on redial but actually it tells me about COVID problems and call centres being closed (we're all aware!), asks me to dial 1 for a link to a web page to be messaged to my phone (I've tried this route a couple of times and the call ends and no link arrives) or if I don't press 1 the call just ends and I'm not directed to tech support/equivalent person.

My guess is the box has deregistered itself but I can't speak to anyone as my broadband is fine 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi in which case (deregistered) try the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of your box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
tom72
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately no luck - same recorded message and same result - no one to speak still no TV!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom72, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the TV service as well speaking to the team about it. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and it is showing some issues with the box, therefore I've booked an engineer visit for you. 

You'll find the details of the visit on your online account, if it doesn't suit you'll be able to select a new visit. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
agrado
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can see, this error code means the Tivo box cannot access the Internet via its ethernet cable (contrary to some of the Virgin Media help info which suggests it's to do with the coaxial cable). In my case it appears it couldn't access the Internet because my Hub is in modem mode rather than router mode... I used an ethernet patch lead to plug my ethernet switch into the Tivo box and it immediately started working fine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos