Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV service down since 31.10.2020

I have had no TV service since 31.10.2020.  i have tried everything recommended from the online fault service. I have also tried contacting virgin over the phone which just directs to the online fault service. The online test indicates all is ok Virgin end.  There is still something wrong. Virgin - what is going on?  Please contact me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV service down since 31.10.2020

Heya,

Best call 0800 5610061 - the local faults line, and all known issues - often down to street level - will be listed here.

If nothing's reported, that'll be because (most likely) no-one's reported your fault and/or it's only affecting you.

VM staff are currently taking about a week to respond on here, so I'd persist with calling through for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the 0800 5610061service status line is not helpful either.  It just checks for area service issues which it says there are none in my area.  it then directs to the my virgin media service app (no use at all). Does anyone know how I can actually speak to someone at virgin about my issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to call. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the "I have a fault" option.

The automated system can sometimes be a blessing (running diagnostics and booking an engineer for you), other times a curse (trying and failing to fix, and then forcing you to redial), but queuing and speaking to an agent is the way to go here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.  I've tried that route a number of times since Saturday.  This afternoon I was not 'cut off' and managed to get in a queue.  After over an hour waiting I managed to speak to someone.  They were very helpful.  A fault with the TV box was identified.  A new box should be with me tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndreasZ, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV service. We are glad that you were able to speak with us, Can you confirm that the box is now set up and if you are still having issues with the service? Chris 

0 Kudos