Menu
PNEBazza
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV series link often does not work

When recording programmes I constantly use the series link option. On most occasions the option works but sometimes no series link icon appears on the programme guide. If I look at the series link options it appears to have been set but the programme does not record. I have tried to then use the cancel series link option which according to the TV screen has worked but the series link option on further investigation has not been cancelled. The only way that I can record that programme is to remember each week to record that programme. 

Would be grateful of any advice.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV series link often does not work

A TiVo/V6 series link will always attempt to record the first available showing of any given programme. It sounds like you're setting the SL on what is (unbeknown to you) the second or third showing, and the box has probably scheduled the first available one.

The other option is that the SL is set to record "New only" episodes, and the programme in question isn't new, but a re-run. The first-aired-date will show this.

If you can post any specific examples, we/I can happily check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos