Menu
njames30
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV problem

My TV stopped working yesterday, said there was no internet connection although my computer was fine.  Tried testing connection, failed.  Re-entered WiFi network and password and worked.  Went down again today.  Have all channels including Sky but no catch-up, on-demand, YouTube or Netflix.  My neighbour says her VM TV is working fine.  Cannot get through to VM call centre.  Can anyone help?  

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV problem

Welcome to our Community Forum njames30 and sorry to hear about the TV issue you're having. If you're able to watch live channels without problems and it's the On Demand and Netflix that you see problems, can I ask how the TV Box is connected to the Hub? Is it via a wired cable or via WiFi? 

Can I also ask whether the error message pops up as soon as you open one of the Apps such as Netflix or is it after a while? 

I'm sorry for the questions but just wanted a clearer idea of the issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

njames30
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

My two TVs with the TVO boxes are connected to WiFi.  The error message on both TVs is C230, no internet connection.  I have switched on and off at mains.  I have gone into settings, connect to Virgin Media, still no joy.  Then I entered my WiFi network and WiFi passwords.  On Friday this worked and I got a full service.  On Saturday it crashed again.  Did the same thing but now says network password not recognised.  My computer works fine so cannot be an internet problem.  I now have all channels not just Freeview.  But I cannot access on demand or catch up at all.  The area is blank and the error message at the top of the screen is the C230. My WiFi box has a green light, my computer works fine just the two TVs are affected.

Thanks, Nicola

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've checked your details and the broadband out of curiosity and can see that the upstream power levels are high. Not crazy but enough to impact the connection especially if you're using both boxes on WiFi. Your TV boxes themselves look fine. I'm going to send you a Private Message so i can get some details as an engineer may be required.

Thanks,

Lisa