Menu
timgreen64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV pixellated - impossible to get customer service

My TV picture has been horribly pixellated for months. It's imposible to get any customer service. I did once succeed in getting through on the phone. The agent promised a technician would call me in 2 days. That was 3 weeks ago. Occasionally I try the text. That never works either. I just get trapped in an endless loop, with a bot asking me whether I still need help again and again. Virgin should be ashamed. I realise Covid has messed things up. I would be prepared to wait many days for a reply, if I just knew it was coming. But this is some kind of Kafaka-esque nightmare. Now planning to cancel my account. Shame as the broadband is pretty good and I don't relish the disruption. But I reckon I've paid £10,000 to Virgin over the last decade. This can't go on. It's appalling.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixellated - impossible to get customer service

I do sympathise, but I wouldn't say it's impossible to get through to C/S by any stretch. Perhaps try earlier in the day before queues build up, I know people who've got through in under 10minutes during the middle of the day recently.

You'll need to call to cancel your services anyway (unless you plan on posting your 30days notice).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
timgreen64
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. But why call if the agent tells you a technician will follow up, but then nothing happens?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There's very limited circumstances where a promised callback is anything other than a blag to get you off the phone. If you have pixellation on live TV, and you've rebooted the box once without resolution, then you almost certainly have a signal fault.

There's 2 sensible outcomes to a customer reporting these symptoms... one is a box replacement, the other (more likely) is an engineer visit which should be arranged while you're on the phone.

If you're offered a callback when reporting pixellation, I would have strong suspicions that the agent is just trying to get you off the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos