Menu
Highlighted
Rosanante1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV pixelation

After calling 150 last week I reported severe pixelation on both of my TV’s each operating on a separate box of differing versions. 

I got the usual unplug and restart advice so I humoured the girl but there was no difference. I was told if it didn’t clear in 48 hours to call back. It did clear and all was well until last night. Basically the HD channels on both tv’s were unwatchable with constant pixelation and tearing of the picture. It was a little better on channels 101 & 103.

i rang again and through gritted teeth unplugged both boxes, gave serial numbers etc. No better. “Try moving the hdmi cable to another port” she said. *sigh* no good. 

Latest advice is to wait another 48 hours and report if not resolved. 

Is it just me?  Ellesmere Port area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
praxis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV pixelation

@Rosanante1 wrote:

After calling 150 last week I reported severe pixelation on both of my TV’s each operating on a separate box of differing versions. 

I got the usual unplug and restart advice so I humoured the girl but there was no difference. I was told if it didn’t clear in 48 hours to call back. It did clear and all was well until last night. Basically the HD channels on both tv’s were unwatchable with constant pixelation and tearing of the picture. It was a little better on channels 101 & 103.

i rang again and through gritted teeth unplugged both boxes, gave serial numbers etc. No better. “Try moving the hdmi cable to another port” she said. *sigh* no good. 

Latest advice is to wait another 48 hours and report if not resolved. 

Is it just me?  Ellesmere Port area.

Check and see if the cable going into the back of each box has an attenuator on it it is about the size of a small usb and can be hexagonal in shape these can be necessary if your signal going to the box is too strong it is used to balance the signal if you don’t have them it maybe what is causing your problem. Only downside is a VM engineer is needed to fit them as he needs to test signal strength to see what size is required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rosanante1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the attenuators; one box has and one box hasn’t.  Both boxes are playing up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
praxis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Rosanante1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the attenuators; one box has and one box hasn’t.  Both boxes are playing up

That being the case then only option is to call for an engineer visit which I know is not an ideal answer that way all connections coming to your house can be checked in case it is an issue out with your property.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rosanante1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
I called 150 last night because the picture on any HD station on either box, was just a fuzz. Standard definition was exhibiting intermittent pixelation. I was told the engineer would visit next Wednesday! I complained and then she hung up whilst I was speaking. Gobsmacked.

Anyway, I got a text this morning saying that my service visit was on hold until they had investigated the problem. Sounds like a local service issue although service status and tests are showing ‘no known issues’.

0 Kudos