cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Engineers accessing the cabinets could be for a number of reasons such as general maintenance or checking a customer's connections within the cabinet.

I would however like to take a closer look at this for you so I am going to drop you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,

Tom_S

Replied. Thanks 

Mark1871
Dialled in

Especially bad today. ITV is unwatchable. 
I think it’s time to look elsewhere. 

Hi,

I have the V6 Box

I have been experiencing this problem for the past few weeks, mainly on Sky Sports News during the evenings, but also on some other Sport channels, Movie channels and Documentary channels (mainly all Sky related channels).  The picture is fine during Advert breaks and other non-sky related channels.  But considering the Sports and Movie channels are the two most expensive packages, I'm not too happy!

I've called a couple of times over this issue and nothing has been resolved, other than the option of sending out an Engineer and possibly replacing the V6 box.  Considering I have over 40 hours of programmes recorded (including series) I don't fancy having to lose all this!

What are the possible causes of this, especially considering it's the same channels?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ldarby76, sorry to hear about the problems you've had with pixelation the past few weeks.

I understand there are currently wider ongoing issues with pixelation caused by cabinets over-heating in the sun. However as you say this only seems to be impacting Sky channels specifically possibly it's not connected to that.

In that case the best course of action would be a tech-visit so we can investigate further. The engineer wouldn't replace your box without your consent - if they confirm the issue does lie with the box and needs replacing we could always arrange that later on when you're ready to make the switch. 

If you'd like us to get a tech-visit arranged let me know and I'll send a PM so we can discuss this further. 

Tom

I don't think a tech visit can help this problem. I had pixellation probs way back on page xx of this thread, and was offered a tech visit, but after a few days it sorted itself so I cancelled the visit. This has some other reason, I think.

esseepee
On our wavelength

Pixelation back again after a few weeks since the last episode, BBC 1 HD news at 6, Huddersfield area 26

Pixelation together with sound outage occurs randomly on all channels and any time of day and lasts about a second.

I am using a v6 box with new HDMI leads of the latest spec.

This problem used to occur up to 12 months or so ago when suddenly the matter seemed to have been resolved.

The interference also appears in recordings, but not on other input sources to the screen eg. smart tv apps..    

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Was quite bad here again last night. There are ongoing works in the area here so hoping that might help fix the issue but I’m wondering if our wiring box (which sits in full sun on the wall out front) needs checking as it’s quite old. We’ve been in the house 8-10 years so it’s been here at least that long.

heavysoul
Up to speed

There seems to be a number of pixelation issue threads on here at the moment. My problem started last week. Booked an engineer for yesterday but then over the weekend TV was fine, so cancelled it as didn't want to waste the engineer's time. But then it started again and so rebooked engineer - also for yesterday. He didn't show up and then when I chased it I was told VM had decided to cancel my engineer (without telling me) as they believed it was a local problem which was now being worked on and should have been fixed by 17:05 last night. Well it wasn't - if that's what the issue was - as BBC drama I watched last night starting at 9pm was horrendous and unwatchable at times. Internet also seems very flakey when I have the TV pixelation/blocking issue!

This morning seems OK ..... 'so far' ... but then over the last 5/6 days I've had periods when it's been OK and then just goes crazy! Seems to be on all the channels I watch too... BBC/ITV/Sky News/Sky Sports!!