Menu
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV pixelating

Had bad pixelation on BBC 1 and ITV as well as Sky Sports for the last couple of night’s. Did all the usual checks, cables etc. Logged on to do a test which said there was a technical issue  With the box and to reboot TiVO box, did so but still same problem. Phoned Customer Service who said as I had called previously about this he was going to escalate it and if problem continued an engineer would come out. He said to wait 5 hours ,  don’t know why, reboot the box and if problem still ongoing to call back, I did what he said, problem still there, called Customer Services again, who then told me as this issue had been escalated to a different department there was nothing he could do and it would be between 24-48 hours before they called me, and he couldn’t send out an engineer???? To say I’m not happy is an understatement, any suggestions on what to do 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV pixelating

Pixelation is the result of a signal problem - if one reboot hasn't resolved it, then the underlying fault needs attending to.

It could be a box replacement, or an issue with your cabling somewhere - most likely external

I sympathise with your frustration, It's beyond me (call targets aside) why some C/S agents insist on repeated reboots when it should be obvious there's an underlying problem that is not going away.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’m beyond frustrated with them as I know it’s a signal problem and the online test says technical problems with box
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there janeyh1959,

Sorry to hear about the TV pixelation issue and understand it must be frustrating for you. I've had a sneaky peak at your TV details in the background and can see one of the tuners are failing. There is also an open fault ticket but I've cancelled it as I think a technician is required to check the cabling and the equipment in your property.

I've booked the engineer for the earliest date and please log into your online account to check the date. You may also reschedule is to a more convenient time if necessary and please see this link to manage the appointment.

Please get back to us after the visit and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Lisa

thanks for this, I knew there was a problem as it’s happened before, just logged onto my account but can’t see any appointment 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's odd, it may be too soon for it to pop up but I'll send you a Private Message to confirm the appointment.

Thanks

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @janeyh1959,

Happy to hear that that tech visited and that your pixelation has improved. I've had a check on your details again and can confirm that there are now no errors and everything looks fine. Please monitor it and let us know if you need anymore help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa

jane

0 Kudos