Menu
dazd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV pixelating on movie channels only

Hi guys

For the past couple of weeks I've seen random pixelation on some of the movie channels. It's not all the time but when it does happen it maybe keeps doing it every 10 seconds or so.

I've rebooted the V6 box but it still happens.

So for instance, I went to channel 408 around 10 minutes ago and it was pixelating (see photo) but now it seems to have settled down. In contrast, I recorded a movie a few days ago and it was terrible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daz

Channel 408 pixelating.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelating on movie channels only

Pixellation is nearly always the symptom of a poor digital signal. You mention that you've already rebooted your box once to eliminate a software issue, so..

Depending on your package, can you please check the following channels, as they share the same broadcast frequency as Sky Cinema Comedy HD:

Blaze, Nick Junior Too, Nick Junior, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Mix, Nick+1, NickToons, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central+1, ITV4+1, Sky Witness+1, Comedy Central Extra, Fox+1, Sky Sports News.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any other HD channels to check with, but if any of these channels also have problems, it would all but confirm that you have an issue with your signal levels, which would need VM to fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelating on movie channels only

Hi,

The following HD channels are on the same frequency.

More4 HD, Sony Max HD, Sky Documentaries HD, Animal Planet HD,  Sky Thriller HD and Sky Sports Football HD

@japitts Can I message you please ?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos