Menu
ragemac
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV picture distored/pixelated

Hi all,

It has been a couple weeks that the TV is constantly pixelated throughout the day. I have tried to troubleshoot the issue with no success (check cables, swap cables, reboot, check service status etc). I have tried to run diagnostics on the box but didn't understand the output.

System info: Platform: SMT-C7100 / Hardware Version 4.0

Could someone help with this issue please?

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture distored/pixelated

The sum total of troubleshooting you can realistically do with a pixellating picture is to reboot your box and identify if there's any specific channels (worst) affected, this can help narrow down the cause. Or swap your boxes around if you have more than one.

Otherwise - it's clear evidence of a fault somewhere that's causing poor TV signal. So treat it as you would any other service fault and report it. Call 150 from your VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - follow the prompts for "I have a fault with my TV service".

You're likely to either need an engineer visit (to check your cabling & box over) or a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos