Menu
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV picture breaking up. Both TIVO boxes and multiple channels.

BT Sport and various channels are unwatchable today. ( Digital blocks every other 1 second )

Tried obvious reboots of BOTH my TIVO boxes but still same.

Anything going wrong (KT12 postcode area ).?

I tried calling VM but cannot get through to anyone to register the fault.

Any idea how I can register the TV fault please ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture breaking up. Both TIVO boxes and multiple channels.

You should look at  the  Check Service Status via virginmedia.com   it will inform you if there are any local issues, along with an estimated fix date/time and often a link to register for loss of service.  There is also a button there to run a test

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. That's helpful. I should have mentioned I have already tried the arrive check online and ,of course, no problem in area. Tested etc but no fault found.

I'll try again to call that fault number but it takes quite an investment of time. Let's see what happens next time I call. 

I'll report back.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is also a text service that has been set up - send details of your issue and include your account number to - 07533 051809 - responses are slower though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
dazzerj
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'Tis ever thus! I don't think they are big into reporting a bad service.
I called to report it and was informed there is a problem in the area and to call back in half an hour... the problem has been around for days! I don't think they'll sort it in the next 30 minutes!
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dmx555,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you've been having issues with your TV services!

I have found the culprit though! Which is a SNR fault in your area which is affecting both your TV and Broadband, the estimated fix date is today, 24th June 2020 by 18:00. This is only an estimate and due to the nature of faults it could be changed, fingers crossed that won't be the case for you though!

I hope this helps.

Megan_L