Menu
grahamfrancis19
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV picture Distored - Not all channel

Hi there, from approx 6pm to 9:30pm all my TV channels excepts the BBC channels for some reason are distorted - just wondered if anyone else has experienced this oddity?

Thanks, Graham

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture Distored - Not all channel

Can you describe what you mean by distorted? If you're talking about pixellation & digital breakup, then that means you have a fault somewhere which is exhibiting itself through a poor TV signal.

Are you viewing HD or SD channels? I know you've said "all channels except BBC ones", but do you mean CBeebies-HD? BBC2-HD? BBC1-SD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
grahamfrancis19
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate your time 🙂

Looks like what you said so probably a fault, very odd not affecting the BBC channels, I would have thought all or nothing as the same fibre ...  I asked my 80 year old mother to check but all I got back was "all channels" except bbc 1/2/3/4 ,,,   confusing eh?   I did ask here to try Sky ONE and Sky ONE HD, she said sill the same on those...

Probably a call out I think....

Cheers, Graham

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Indeed. VM's digital TV platform broadcasts channels in "clusters" that aren't related to the EPG (TV guide) positions.

For example, National Geographic HD is on the same frequency as Freesports HD so a signal fault on one would affect the other. Some of the terrestrial channels are grouped together, but not all.

In your case, Sky One SD shares with More4+1 & 4-Music (and many others), Sky One HD shares with BT Sport 1 HD & Sky Disney HD.

That's the reason for asking about specific channels, it can help identify the reason for your fault. If it's "most channels", then yes... call and report your mother's fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

grahamfrancis19
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interesting stuff on the groupings - thanks again...
0 Kudos