Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV packages query - +1 and SD

When a customer takes out a specific TV package with VM they will usually be told that they will receive "X" amount of channels.

For argument's sake let's say said customer will get 100 channels, does that total include the +1 and SD versions of certain channels or are they discounted, as in you will receive 100 individual/ unique channels (i.e ITV SD is not included in that count if your package includes ITV HD)?

This is just out of curiosity. Someone I know is thinking of switching to VM and has asked me (but I don't know as I've never actually cross referenced this and I'm curious myself).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV packages query - +1 and SD

@spankymonkey wrote:

When a customer takes out a specific TV package with VM they will usually be told that they will receive "X" amount of channels.

For argument's sake let's say said customer will get 100 channels, does that total include the +1 and SD versions of certain channels or are they discounted, as in you will receive 100 individual/ unique channels (i.e ITV SD is not included in that count if your package includes ITV HD)?

This is just out of curiosity. Someone I know is thinking of switching to VM and has asked me (but I don't know as I've never actually cross referenced this and I'm curious myself).

Check at the bottom of this page and you can count the channels listed per bundle

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?buspart=uk_ps_acq_cable_GOOGLE_Brand_TV_BMM_Brand_TV_Media_...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The contracts, I suspect, probably mention specific package names. I don't think they mention numbers of channels. They aren't obligated to provide a certain number, as it would continually change, there would be little point. The advertising is always purposefully vague e.g. Over 100. It's almost always a round number.

I'm pretty certain they count HD and +1 versions separately in this respect.

Obviously a VM employee would, or should, be able to give a more conclusive answer.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Afternoon,

Yes the original broadcasting of the channel and the Plus 1 services would count as two separate channels. They would have course have different numbers on the package so would be separate for this reason. 

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for the answers 

0 Kudos