Menu
shireenal
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV package

Hi. What is the difference between Virgin TV MIX and MIXIT and are the costs different?

Thank you

Shireen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV package

Mix is a legacy TV package that's no longer sold.

Mixit is now VM's basic TV package that's broadly comparable to Freeview. You can add individual "personal pick" bundles to it, and build upto "Maxit" which is VM's top-tier TV package.

The current TV channel guide is available at the bottom of this page, in web & downloadble versions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are indeed very helpful and more importantly you have answers that I am unable to find on the entire Virgin Media Website.

You see. I'm trying to lower the costs. There are so many channels that I never watch. Again. It is impossible to find how much the Maxit package costs. No where on the website does it even give you a clue. Very frustrating!

Do they sell the Maxit TV package on it's own? 

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

According to build your bundle Maxit TV on its own is £55/month.

Adding a basic landline & M100 broadband, only weighs in at £57/month for the first 18months, due to bundle discounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Bundle

Hi. I'm trying to pay less per month. So I'm trying to work out what each item in my bundle costs on it's own. The Virgin media website is truly shambles. No where can I find what the price of the TV Full house XL costs on it's own. I went on to live chat where a virtual assistant kept repeating himself over and over again. Finally message popped up saying that I may have to wait 4 hours before I could live chat to an agent! It's just not to be believed. How do they get away with it is beyond me. I know what my phone line costs. I know what my broadband costs. I need to know what my TV full house package costs and impossible. Please help. I would be so grateful. I don't watch any of the movie channels as they are terrible. Having said all that, no guarantees that they will accept for me to downgrade my TV bundle! Sorry guys to pour all this on you but I really have reached my patience limits!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Bundle

@shireenal 

I've merged your new post into your existing thread 🙂

The reason you can't find this is because it's not available. You will probably find prices for individual services by themselves, by using the "build your bundle" checker that I linked to previously.

Once you start bundling services together, VM's bundle & multibuy discounts start taking over. The pricing becomes partly a dark art, but certainly subject to discount codes in all shapes & sizes. You purchase a whole bundle of services from VM, and pay an agreed price for that bundle. They won't itemise the prices of your individual services, so I wouldn't waste time trying to find out 😉

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi shireenal,

As japitts says, you can't really work out the pricing for the discontinued Full House package.

What you should do is log into My Virgin Media and check your billing to see how much you are currently paying for the overall package. Being on that package you are probably out of contract and not receiving any discounts.

Make a note of the channels you watch and then check this page ChannelGuide  The two packages that are currently sold are in columns 5 and 6. Mixit and Maxit. Compare the channels listed there to that which you view regularly.  

You can add extra channels to the Mixit package (personal pick addons)  One add on package will cost you an extra £7 per month, any subsequent ones will cost an extra £5 per month. The kids addon is £5 per month. You can cancel these personal pick addons at any time by giving 30 days notice. here is a list of the channels currently available in the Personal_Picks 

EDIT:-

Once you've done that, give VM a ring and speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a new deal based on what you need. 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

You could also try the text messaging service( although it's easier to negotiate talking on the phone). Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. You really have been a star. I've actually given up. I couldn't use your 'build your bundle' link as it took me straight to a page where the idiots said 'sorry we can't  change your package online'! surprise surprise. I wrote them a scathin long message. I'm done and thank you again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

After choosing your address, select "I'm new to Virgin"

If you use "I'm already with Virgin", the bundle builder does as you describe.