Menu
IanT65
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV only subcription & channels list

I'm looking for a TV only subscription as I'm planning on sysmetrical fibre from another ISP who doesn't do TV packages and somebody mentioned Virgin MixIt.

However I'm unable to find a list of channels available on MixIt, different sites give different info.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV only subcription & channels list

The TV channel guide is at the bottom of this page - there's a graphical version and a PDF downloadble one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

One other thing to note that you will be limited to only a Tivo box, as both of the newer boxes either the v6 or v360 require an internet connection from Virginmedia, this would of a concern if your TV is 4K as the Tivo box doesn't output 4K.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
IanT65
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike that's not an issue luckily.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are certainly no longer advertising a TV only product to new customers.

With the ability to convert V6 TiVO boxes onto the Horizon platform it’s likely support for the TiVO platform will be withdrawn in the foreseeable future.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
IanT65
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We are currently with BT and limited to 20mb/s upload speeds but for the same price I can get symetrical 600mb/s with Truespeed. The problem I have is that Truespeed have no tv packages and BT are moving to NowTV which means my better half will lose some of the TV channels she watches, which I've been told is unthinkable.

This leaves me free to join Truespeed when it's in my area IF I can find another TV service that provides the channels, which currently Virgin do. We rent so aren't allowed a satellite dish and the only TV only subscription I've found with all the channels is Mixit.

I really do hope that the Tivo platform continues as it's my last hope unless I pay for 2 internet connections 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@IanT65 wrote:

I really do hope that the Tivo platform continues as it's my last hope unless I pay for 2 internet connections 😞

VM's use of the TiVo platform will come to an end sometime, Liberty Global (VM's parent company) pay licencing to TiVo for the use of the platform and are developing the Horizon/V360 platform for use across all their countries of operation.

I believe that VM-UK is the only operation left using TiVo. As to how long it'll last here, you could ask 5 people and get 5 different opinions. The next time the licencing agreement is due for renewal, it could potentially be left to lapse. It was last renewed in 2017, so you can debate & discuss from there.

0 Kudos