Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV intermittent loss of sound and picture

Tried for last 3 days to get someone via text or on phone.

Does anyone know if the proper Helpdesk are working??

I know it’s the Box, hdmi lead works in other sources and wouldn’t turn on at all until left it turned off for an hour. 

I got someone on the chat and usual reboot box (done >5 times) and disconnect cables. Asked them to book engineer and now completely incommunicado, can’t get any responses.

is there a customerservices email - I’m being left little choice but wanting to cancel direct debit and contract as service is unusable and can’t get any assistance 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV intermittent loss of sound and picture

@TheRealScot wrote:

Tried for last 3 days to get someone via text or on phone.

Does anyone know if the proper Helpdesk are working??

Yes they are - but there are manning issues due to the current situation and queues are building at some times during the day. Some degree of patience is required.

@TheRealScot wrote:

I got someone on the chat and usual reboot box (done >5 times) and disconnect cables. Asked them to book engineer and now completely incommunicado, can’t get any responses.

You can try calling the status line (0800 5610061) to make sure there's no reported issues in your area that could cause this, but I doubt it. I'm not entirely sure the online chat is the best way of reporting loss-of-service faults, so it's no surprise they've gone incommunicado.

@TheRealScot wrote:

is there a customerservices email - I’m being left little choice but wanting to cancel direct debit and contract as service is unusable and can’t get any assistance 

VM have never had a customer service email, even before Covid struck. This community forum offers peer-to-peer support with VM staff picking up posts a week or so behind. If the (particularly high) volume of posts on here lately is anything to go by, I dare say the volume of C/S calls has equally increased.

As tempting as it might be, cancelling a D/D will end up causing more problems down the line. VM have always taken a hard line with missed payments, and won't hesitate to put an entry on credit files. At that point, whether you're in the right or wrong is immaterial, when it can and does cause further grief.

Try calling earlier in the day, perhaps soon after C/S opens at 8am. Or put your phone on handsfree/speaker mode and get on with something else while Virgin FM plays to you 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV intermittent loss of sound and picture

Hey TheRealScot,

I'm really sorry for our delayed response from here, and to hear you've been experiencing some issues with the sound and picture on your TV box.

Can you let me know if you've been able to get some help with this since posting? If not, can you please let me know if the sound/picture issue occurs when you are browsing the menu on the box? And whether this occurs on every channel.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos