Menu
LFMcCormack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV guide wrong

Over the last few weeks the TV guide isn't setting up series as it isn't correct.  I am going away so tried to record Bake Off but this is listed as the 2013 series so not new.  Sane goes for From The Vaults upon Sky, you have it as a one off when it is a series.  Happening a lot lately the new All Creatures wouldn't set up as the tv guide listed it as the 1978 series when I went in to set it up. Anyone else finding this annoying?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV guide wrong

Are you saying that programs in the EPG (TV Guide) are different from what the broadcaster has listed on their own website for a particular date & time? That's an error which you can report to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk but it's always worth checking with the broadcaster direct.

Or are you saying that your series links aren't scheduling recordings correctly? In which case, it sounds like you need to amend your "new" or "new & reruns" setting.

I also suspect you may, without realising, have an outdated TV guide. If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.. has your box successfully connected in the previous 6-ish hours?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LFMcCormack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The programs listed dont match what's on any other broadcasters listings or other websites.  I know what shows I want to record but Virgin's EPG is wrong.  Has been several times in recent months  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Certainly for C5's All Creatures series, I've got a SL for that and it's worked perfectly. Perhaps your SL settings aren't quite right if you're having that many issues - if you can post the settings for your series link that you're having issues with, we can perhaps spot anything that might be wrong. Find the program that is problematic, goto "Manage series link options" and what are you seeing?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.. has your box successfully connected in the previous 6-ish hours?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
LFMcCormack
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All Creatures was corrected a couple of days before it was on.  However had you set it up before that change your SL would have been for the 1978 series so wouldn't have recorded.  My point here is when you set up a recording that should be it you shouldn't have to check before the show goes out that it will record.  As I wrote in my original post the new bake off isn't set to record as the EPG is showing it as a repeat so I'll have to ensure I go in a record that repeat to ensure we get it.  The same goes for episode 2 of from the Vaults as the EPG shows this as a repeat of ep 1. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@LFMcCormack wrote:

All Creatures was corrected a couple of days before it was on.  However had you set it up before that change your SL would have been for the 1978 series so wouldn't have recorded.  My point here is when you set up a recording that should be it you shouldn't have to check before the show goes out that it will record.  As I wrote in my original post the new bake off isn't set to record as the EPG is showing it as a repeat so I'll have to ensure I go in a record that repeat to ensure we get it.  The same goes for episode 2 of from the Vaults as the EPG shows this as a repeat of ep 1. 

You're incorrect with regards to how SL work. If you have a SL active, it doesn't matter one jot whether the EPG data was corrected after you set it up, or was already correct when you did. Every time the EPG data is updated (which is every 6-ish hours). your box re-runs all your series links for planned recordings.

Do you have particular examples of programs that you think should be recording, but aren't? Specific dates, times & channels would be useful please. And what your series-link settings for the episodes in question, are.

If there's a data error somewhere, let's find out and we can report it. If there's not, then let's see where the misunderstanding is arising.