Menu
EHorne
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV ghosting and pixellating

Our TV has been pixellating and ghosting on a number of channels for about the last 6 months. It's not all the time but on certain channels it is frequent enough to make them unwatchable.

I've done reboots etc and nothing helps. I've called the VM help line 3 times - twice got told that it would be fixed in the next 48 hours (even though I requested an engineer the second time because obviously whatever they did didn't work the first time) and the third time I waited 45 minutes on hold and had to give up.

I'm pretty sure we need an engineer as we really do want this fixed but don't seem to be able to get Virgin to send one!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV ghosting and pixellating

Hi EHorne, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the TV.

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box?

Can you confirm if you're connecting via Ethernet or WiFi from the box to the hub?

Have you checked all the wires are connected securely?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
EHorne
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex 

It's a TiVo box, connected via Ethernet and I've checked all the cables.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you EHorne. 

We may need to gain access to your account in order to check a few more details but before we do can you please run a network connection test via the equipment. 

This can be completed by visiting Settings > Network Settings > Connect to Virgin Media Services. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
EHorne
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I've done that now. It doesn't seem to have made any difference. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is it a Tivo? They don't "need" connecting to the Hub by ethernet as they have their own modem connection.... so it may be a V6 perhaps?
Have you tried changing the HDMI cable from box to the TV. If its a 4K TV it also needs to be a cable that is "specced" for 4K signals. You could also try an alternative HDMI input port on the TV.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
EHorne
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's definitely a TiVo box. We connected it by Ethernet as the signal was better and we have thick walls! I've checked the HDMI cable, tried a different one, tried both ports on tv. We never used to have the problem and it is only on specific channels so it seems like it must either be a problem in the input or the box?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi as has already been said you don't need a separate connection for internet as it is built in, however I doubt the internet is the problem, this is usually due to signal level issues, for which you need an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels, this is the only way this can be achieved so don't put up with this nonsense about can't send an engineer, be polite but firm that's what your issue requires.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
EHorne
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Micky - I totally agree with you. Does anybody know if an agent will contact me through this forum so that I can get an engineer appointment booked this way, or is the only way forward to waste more hours on the phone? Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I know it's frustrating but it depends how keen you are to get the matter resolved, I would personally phone early in the day 8am you should get through quicker, and you have more chance of getting someone in the UK, who are more helpful.Regards Micky