Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV distorted and can't get help

Hi, my TV picture is distorted all the time and sometimes does not work at all. I have followed the instructions online, done numerous manual reboots and run service status tests that may be technical issues with my box. 

I don't know how to get help past this point. I am unable to speak due to disability so cannot phone. There does not seem to be an email or text communication option which would most suit my condition. I have tried the chat thing but that was no help. Can someone advise what to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV distorted and can't get help

Does this affect live TV only, or recordings?

How about On Demand programmes such as CatchUp?

VM staff do respond to posts on here, but it can ordinarily take anything from a few days to a week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It affects my TV picture. I don't use on demand, catch up or recording so don't know if they are affected too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@amycam wrote:

It affects my TV picture. I don't use on demand, catch up or recording so don't know if they are affected too. 

Could you try using them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'd rather just have my TV fixed. I can watch things on my computer but there's no point in me paying Virgin Media for a TV that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @amycam,

I'm sorry about the TV distortion you're experiencing and can appreciate it's frustrating. I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see that two tuners have failed which would require an engineer visit. I've arranged for the engineer and you can see the details via your online account  where you may re-arrange it if required.

Please wait for the engineer visit and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I am still waiting for an engineer to fix the issue. Where in my online account am I able to see when the engineer is booked for? I've been unable to find it.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi amycam,

If you log into My Virgin Media, then click on My Account, there's a drop down menu with Order Tracking on the right hand side.

tracking.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for explaining. It doesn't look like appointments with an engineer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi amycam,

I've found out since I made that post that the engineer appointments appear elsewhere in My Virgin Media

Click on the Help tab (next to My Upgrades and Offers and Service Status); if you hover over that tab, a new menu will appear. 

Scroll on over to the Orders and Appointments tab and click ok.

Providing it's been arranged the visit will show there,  and you can reschedule from there if the timeslot booked is not convenient for you. 

If you're logging in using the app, open any of the pages and then use the the dots at the top to open the hidden menu. From there, you can select the Orders and Appointments tab. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos