Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV channels not showing whats on and cannot record

All Channels have no info. keeps saying to be announced. catchup and on demand doesnt work either. rang virgin earlier who said it will be fixed daily however nothings happens means anything i has recorded did not record either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV channels not showing whats on and cannot record

Sounds very much like your box has lost its internet connection, which is used for EPG updates and various VOD functions.

The advice on reconnecting depends on which box you have - is it a TiVo (with an inbuilt connection) or a V6 (that uses your VM homehub)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi its a 1tb one not sure which box it is however i have 2 boxes and only 1 works. The virgin support team have no fixed the isaue on the 3rd time of calling by resettinf connection. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box is the newer box, it is basically square when viewed from above, with a flat top. The older TiVo is more rectangular and the top is curved.

The TiVo has a single connection which supplies the channels and the guide data\on-demand, the V6 has one connection for the channels and is then connected to your hub (via either an ethernet cable or WiFi) to get the guide data\on-demand.

If you have the V6 its possible there is an issue with this connection, maybe the cable unplugged or the WiFi not connected, so that would be something to check in the settings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can check whichbox you have, at https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html

As Tavis has said, the TiVo has its own connection - so if your TV channels work, it should follow that the onboard internet does. The V6 gets its internet from your homehub, so there's an extra variable of that connection being lost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos