Menu
woolvenmd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV channel

Hi i am Deaf. This is not for me, i am doing this for my girlfriend

Let me explain the picture (We both are with Virgin Media).

I lives in Portsmouth, she lives in Farnbourgh (we both lives in Hampshire area)

We using with Face-time till when the BBC news at 10 pm, or 1 pm whatever the news come (101) finish the local news like I can watch "South Today", she cannot watch "South Today" only she can watch "London News".

The question is "Why this is different due we both live in Hampshire, i often told her what happen in like in Fleet or Reading, sometime in Farnbrough. She cannot watch South today cos of London news is not covering.

Is there anyway for her to adjustment? as i don't know how or why 

Please could you explain to us 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV channel

It’s all down to the way the country was carved up into cable franchise areas by the Cable Authority when the networks were built. As a result, the channels you get are determined by the franchise area & cable headend you are connected too. Farnborough is in the Guildford cable franchise area, so gets London area programming as standard. There is no way you can change this. You can only receive what is distributed by the franchise headend. Below is part of Virgin Media’s region map, with the London franchises in yellow.

Even on Freeview & Sky, local programmes come under the South/Thames Valley sub region, so you would still not see the same programmes in Portsmouth & Farnborough.

London cable  franchises in yellowLondon cable franchises in yellow

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos