Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV cable needs to be shortened

As subject. We moved our TV V6 box and now we have quite a bit of unsightly excess coax cable. I understand it is not advisable or allowed to cut the cable myself, so I would appreciate a visit of a VM technician.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV cable needs to be shortened

VM will charge £99 for a "non-fault" visit. 

Can't you carefully coil it, secure the coil with two cable ties, and make sure the coiled bit is tucked in a discrete place?  If you do this, don't kink the cable, that'll be a disaster because it destroys the signal, so even doing it carefully you'll probably have a coil with a diameter of at least eight inches. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately coiling is not an option, there is nothing to hide the coil behind. I know about the £99 charge...😠 I am hoping to book a technician via this route rather than calling VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In which case there's a bit of a wait (perhaps 3-5 days) for the forum staff to respond, but they will eventually, and that should avoid the need to phone VM's "eighth circle of Hell" call centre.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi zeewier, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delayed response. 

In case this is something you still need help getting sorted I'll contact you via PM to confirm the details we'll need.

Tom 

0 Kudos