Menu
jlippa
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV boxes

My Virgin account is now closed. Prior to the account being closed down I was advised in a 150 call to customer support that I only needed to send back my SuperHub 3. Shortly after, I received just enough plastic packaging by post to wrap up the SuperHub 3 for pickup at a local store, I dropped this package off and presumably it was picked up and it is now back at Virgin.

Shortly after that, I then received a "Please return Virgin Media's kit to avoid a charge" email requesting that I send both the SuperHub 3 and a TiVo set top box back. I'm 99% sure that I can ignore this email but having said that, I do have two set top boxes here and a Virgin Media email contradicting what was said in the verbal conversation that I had with customer support.

Is it possible to get a final "you do not need to send any TV boxes back to us" confirmation from Virgin along with "do whatever you like with those TV boxes, crush them, land fill them etc". 

It is wasteful to bin electronic equipment in perfect working condition but in the absence of an option to return these boxes they will be getting skipped - only once some sort of formal confirmation has been received that Virgin really doesn't want them.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV boxes

Good Morning, 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

So that we are able to confirm, what is the set-top box that you have had?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
jlippa
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Zak_M wrote:

Good Morning, 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

So that we are able to confirm, what is the set-top box that you have had?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

I'm not sure that the formal well-known names will be for the two set top boxes that I have here so I've taken some snaps of them along with their serial number labels (attached)

Thanks

Joe

IMG_20200911_131553.jpgIMG_20200911_131607.jpgIMG_20200911_131621.jpgIMG_20200911_131652.jpgIMG_20200911_131715.jpgIMG_20200911_131749.jpg

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing me with those picture. 

I can confirm we don't need either of those boxes to be returned. If you could dispose of them as appropriate that would be fantastic.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
jlippa
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the confirmation, much appreciated

Joe

0 Kudos