Menu
notnowjohnathon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV box stuck on loop

My box won't start up, I get an orange light for about 5 seconds then all lights go off and I have a black and white downloading image on the TV screen. I've reset the power supply multiple times with no change. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box stuck on loop

Sounds like your box may have a fault.

Call VM to report it - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
notnowjohnathon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but that didn't go well. 

A series of automated menus led me to a text service which directed me to a website I've already seen. My problem isn't listed on the menu and there's no option to speak to anybody. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi notnowjohnathon,

Sorry to see you are having problems and got nowhere via faults.

It's not the answer you want to hear but  you need to contact faults again.

It's best to call first thing in a morning at 8am when lines are least busy, or late afternoon/tea time.

This time when phoning, ignore the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.  If you don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem. Tell them you've tried unplugging/rebooting and the online help. If they offer  to send a signal be firm, it won't work and you either need a replacement box or engineer visit.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
notnowjohnathon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dave,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I'm currently on hold having called back and persisted; I'll insist on the replacement box, this one is certainly faulty. 

Thanks again for your help, I'm willing to wait as long as I know i'm on the right track! 

0 Kudos