Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV box not working

TV Box (Samsung) stuck on Starting Up screen. Flashing red and solid blue light on right hand side of box. Have disconnect all the cables, turned on and off multiple times and changed HDMI cable already. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box not working

Good Afternoon,

Is the Samsung Tv Box new?

Please try to turn the box off by the switch. 
Hold  [ Left-Right-Ok ] located on the front of the box.
Whilst holding these buttons turn the power switch back on.

Hold this until it skips the start up menu.

I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Andrew

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Make sure the white cable is going into the back of the  box ,it does sound like the box will need replacing if all cables are plugged into the box and wall 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can try powering off the tivo ,hold left, right and ok buttons together on the front panel, and power on .
Let go of the buttons when the software update starts-The box should then install normally .hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andrew. The screen has changed to  a message which Reads Important Do Not switch off box as it is updating Digitial TV service. It says it will take a few minutes but seems to be stuck again.

0 Kudos