Menu
DebJon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Remote

Hi our very old remote has stopped working; we've tried all of the tests with no success. I am unable to download the app to my phone. All I need is a new remote, how do I go about ordering one please?  Going round in ever decreasing circles. Thank you.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Remote

Hi DebJon,

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you decide to phone again then you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

The tvcontrol  app is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.1 and above, and Fire OS 3.2.8 or later

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
DebJon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, I've sent a message and am now communicating with the virtual assistant; again! Ever decreasing circles for something so straightforward.

I will let you know how I get on, thank you again for your response. 

0 Kudos
toddsmum
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas how to progress this problem. I've been going round in circles trying to get a new remote for two weeks!

Tried the virtual assistant but it says "we need to run a quick security check" then nothing happens!

0 Kudos
DebJon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hopefully our issue is resolved; I had tried on my tablet using the virtual assistant and wasn't getting anywhere. Yesterday I text the number provided by newapollo and eventually was 'speaking' to a real person (!) and fingers crossed my new remote will arrive on Tuesday. Hope that this works for you too and thanks again to newapollo.

Mind you I may be speaking too soon; you may hear from me again on Wednesday ☺

0 Kudos
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

this is so frustating, all i need is a replacement remote for my faulty one, is there no one from virgin on here that can sort it on here, its ok blaming the covid 19 but surely there is a better way then going around in a circle.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stiv1,

I've responded to your other post regarding a replacement remote << Here >> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos