Menu
Highlighted
Citiflier
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Pixelation

TV keeps pixelating on various channels, and some channels are worse than others.

Have spoken to VM twice and no problems have been found. All cable connections are sound and the TiVo box has not been moved as its housed in a corner TV unit with open front and back.

My 3rd call to VM was a few days ago, and again no faults were found. Yet as soon as I put the phone down, the Pixelation returned. VM not willing to send an engineer, which is very frustrating, given that my service is not working 100%.

Not happy with service from VM

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Pixelation

@Citiflier wrote:

TV keeps pixelating on various channels, and some channels are worse than others.

Have spoken to VM twice and no problems have been found. All cable connections are sound and the TiVo box has not been moved as its housed in a corner TV unit with open front and back.

My 3rd call to VM was a few days ago, and again no faults were found. Yet as soon as I put the phone down, the Pixelation returned. VM not willing to send an engineer, which is very frustrating, given that my service is not working 100%.

Not happy with service from VM

This issue can be caused by signal strength being either to strong or to weak they normally fit a thing called an attenuator to balance any signal strength issues.It is placed between the cable coming from the wall and the cable going to your box. It is a small hexagonal unit about the size of a small usb if you google it you will be able to see what it looks like.if you don’t have one that might sort your issue. Not sure how long you have left on your contract or if you are out of contract ? 

Best method to get them to come out if you are out of contract or getting near the end is call 150 choose options (1,1,4,5) that will take you through to retentions with the thinking of leaving us option tell them if the issue is not fixed you will be taking your business to another supplier.