Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

TV Pixelation Same here

Tv is unwatchable at times - has been an issue for months. Engineer has come out and fitted filters but this has not fixed it.

Have phoned on numerous occasions to report it has not fixed the issue but can not get through, this morning i was on hold for an hour then it just cuts off.PXL_20200928_160312240.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same here

It's easy for me to say, but if that picture is remotely like what you've been putting up with for months, then you've a lot more patience than I.

Out of interest, how many times have you reported this over the last few months? And how many engineer visits have you had?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

reported 3 times, 1 engineer visit. It is intermittent and i dont actually watch a lot of TV hence not reporting that often. As it is a complete ball ache trying to get a response about a fix, i have been holding off reporting again - but now with lockdown it is really peeing me off.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi alob,

I agree with japitts, you have far more patience than myself too.

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box. Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then sadly you need to contact the Faults team again on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faults) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues  When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that (if) you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi that is pixalation and requires an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet, don't be fobbed off with the likes of i will send a signal down the line or similar that won't fix it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@alob wrote:

reported 3 times, 1 engineer visit. It is intermittent and i dont actually watch a lot of TV hence not reporting that often. As it is a complete ball ache trying to get a response about a fix, i have been holding off reporting again - but now with lockdown it is really peeing me off.

I have much sympathy here... if the symptoms of a fault aren't bothering you, then the rest is history.

Unfortunately issues such as these tend not to (permanently) go away until the underlying issue is resolved. I wouldn't bet against your signal levels being perhaps borderline tolerance. They are possibly varying around the edge of tolerance, hence why symptoms come and go.

It's then "murphy's law" that they come back when you're using the services more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

An Engineer has previously visited, he made adjustments and fitted the filters to the back of the boxes - it did not fix the issue. However as it was working fine when he was here and tested, he left.

I have already been fobbed off on the phone when told that there were engineers in my area fixing a fault and that would resolve the issue. I said to the person on the call "I bet you it will not fix the issue and you are just fobbing me off" 

I have tried calling 4 times over the past 2 weeks and not got through to anyone - each time i was waiting over 30 mins for somebody to answer, but could wait no longer. Then today i have sat with the phone on speaker, waiting for someone to answer - then after an hour of waiting the call dropped. So trying to get help here as the phone support is appalling

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Banded corruption like that shown above is more likely to be caused by noise on the network than by signal level issues.

The question is what is causing the noise. Equipment issues or another customer doing unauthorised DIY mods to their installation. It is not simple to resolve.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Is the on-screen interference more apparent at particular times of day/days of the week?

@nodrogdhas made a good point about this possibly being caused by noise - that'll still need VM to investigate, but it's fair to point out that such issues are less easy to track down. Hence asking about if/when it happens more - this might just give a clue as to what's causing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I only really watch TV at night - so couldnt analyse if it is time specific.

This has been over months - which im paying ~£100/month for a product that at times is unusable and is seemingly impossible to get VM to rectify

0 Kudos