Menu
vinceb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Picture pixilated

My TV picture is pixilating.  It has been happening for a while, but it seems to now be getting worse.  Most (but not all) HD channels are unwatchable.  It used to happen only on HD channels, but it is now happening on other channels as well. This is on my original TiVo Set Top Box and I have been unable to run any of the self test diagnostics on it as the tests just keep stopping (they run fine against my other V6 box).  All cables are in correctly and secure and I have rebooted the box several times.

I have had to replace my TV for other reasons recently and I get exactly the same behaviour as before, so it is not the TV itself.

Any help or advice to resolve this would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Vince.

0 Kudos
vinceb
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Picture pixilated

Having read some previous advice, I will add that this pixalation doesn't happen with recordings or on demand, just live tv.

I have also looked at the Video Output Format as that seems to be a common request - mine is auto selected, 1080i

The pixilation is worse today that when I raised this yesterday.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi this is usually due to a signal level issue which will require an engineer to ajust the levels between the street cabinet and your box. Regards Micky
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @vinceb

Thanks so much for popping along to our Community - so sorry to understand that you're having some issues with one of your boxes. 

As our user @LittleMick73 has suggested, this is an issue with a signal level going to that particular box; I have been able to locate your account and services via your forum information and we can see that the signal levels are not what they should be.

This is either down to some loose cabling at home or it's a local issue coming into the home. The V6 box seems to be fine. 

If you can confirm that all the internal cables to that box have been checked and tightened, then we can arrange for a technician to visit. Pop back when you can with an update and we'll go from there 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vinceb
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT
It is an issue with both the boxes I have, I didn't really make that clear above. I have checked the internal cables and they are tightened (to both).
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey vinceb,

Thanks for confirming the details for me.

I'll pop you over a PM so we can arrange for an engineer to come out to you.

Check out the purple envelope for a message from myself

Regards

Beth

0 Kudos