Menu
dporter8999
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Picture distorted

Picture on certain channels is fuzzy and distorted, yet fine on others. have changed HDMI leads and slots, and also reset both the box and the wifi.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Picture distorted

Which channels in particular? And HD or SD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dporter8999
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it's a mixture of both SD & HD, for instance 2 of the HD skysports work, but the rest dont, also it looks like whenever i change the channel, it's the previous channel and the current one that are mixing together

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@dporter8999 wrote:

it's a mixture of both SD & HD, for instance 2 of the HD skysports work, but the rest dont, also it looks like whenever i change the channel, it's the previous channel and the current one that are mixing together

If you can be specific, down to individual & channel names, it may help diagnose this. I have an idea what might be going on, I'd also recommend a single box reboot just to eliminate gremlins.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
dporter8999
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channels:
E, EHD, Amazon Prime, Sky One, Sky Hits HD, Musicals HD, Sky Family HD, Sky Action HD, Sky Football HD & SD, Sky Cricket HD & SD and a lot more. Have attempted a single box reboot to no avail.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perfect - there's several of those channels that are common to VM broadcast frequencies (or multiplexes), strongly suggesting you have issues with your incoming TV signal.

That's a clear service fault. You're best off calling into VM faults to report this - 150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone and follow the options for "I have a service fault".

When you speak to an agent, I'd recommend being crystal clear that you've already restarted your box and it's failed to resolve. It can sometimes happen that they will "send stronger signals" as a euphemism for restarting it again. Signal faults can only be rectified by "hands and eyes" physically either on your box and/or the street cabinet, not remotely.

0 Kudos