Menu
Reply
JamesFilkin
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0
Just joined
123 Views
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Picture Distorted

Hi,

When I switch on my Virgin V6 box, the picture seems to roll down the screen for several seconds and then settles with the bottom 10% of the picture now at the top of the screen and the other 90% of the picture pushed down the screen, below the bottom 10%. I have tried turning the box off and reconnecting all the cables but no joy.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

James

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
  • 8.72K
  • 1.23K
  • 1.69K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
96 Views
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Picture Distorted

Have you tried a different cable and/or HDMI slot?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
  • 5.73K
  • 652
  • 1.92K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
92 Views
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Picture Distorted


@JamesFilkin wrote:

When I switch on my Virgin V6 box, the picture seems to roll down the screen for several seconds and then settles with the bottom 10% of the picture now at the top of the screen and the other 90% of the picture pushed down the screen, below the bottom 10%. I have tried turning the box off and reconnecting all the cables but no joy.


I didn't think digital did that. Haven't seen rolling pictures since the analogue days and it feels more like a TV set issue rather than a receiver box issue.  Can you connect an aerial (if you haven't already) and see if Freeview channels are the same?  Or another source like a DVD player or games console?

______________________
Scott

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos