Menu
Wheeliebin69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Package Downgrade

I called VM looking to remove Sky Movies from my TV package (looking to save money as I'm on furlough and could be losing my job). But I was told that I can't remove Movies without also removing Sports (which I want to keep to remain sane).

I didn't realise that Movies and Sports were so 'handcuffed' together. Has anyone else found this?

Ta.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Package Downgrade

It depends. If you are contracted to the combined Sports and Movies, you would need to remove this combined bundle and add back in the Sports.

The result of this is that you would likely save very little.

You may even not be able to remove anything, dependent on which total bundle you are on, as some bundles have Sports and Movies as a fixed component.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wheeliebin69,

It would depend on which package you are on. Are Sky Sports and Sky Movies part of the package? Removing them would mean changing to another package and possibly losing further discounts.

Some people have SkySports and/or Sky Movies as an additional addon.   If they were a combined addon then they can't be removed separately, however they should be able to remove them both, and then add the Sky Sports back on.  If my memory serves me correctly the SkySports would be £22 per month in SD and and additional £7 for the HD version.

Your best bet would be to speak to the cancellations team by dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 4, and 4 (Thinking of leaving usbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Have you looked at regrading your package? The Bigger bundle plus Sports is £120 per month (£65 for new customers) bigger-bundle-sports 

If you are out of contract you should be able to haggle that price.

The Ultimate Oomph bundle is £139 per month (£79 for new customers) again you could haggle with this. This package represents better value if you wnat unlimited landline calls, plus an unlimited mobile sim and also Sky Movies.

You could also look at the Big Bundle which is £56 per month (£33 for new customers) plus the additional cost of Sky Sports.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Wheeliebin69
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm on a Full House package with both Movies and Sport.

0 Kudos
Wheeliebin69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good advice BTW. Phoned again using the 'thinking of leaving' route and suddenly what was impossible before was now possible and I could drop the Movies but keep the Sports.

Ta very much.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Wheeliebin69,

I hope they gave you a decent price too. When life returns to normal you should be able to renegotiate again.

Hoping things pick up for you on the employment front.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali