Menu
HollyONeill
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV: No Picture, no Sound

The picture and sound on my TV are not working. All the channels and apps are there, but nothing on screen. Tried restarting, got a few seconds of picture but still no sound, but then lost picture again. Called virgin in March when it stopped working, said they were doing work in the area, and it would fix soon. Have since tried ringing many times, and still not working. Been paying for 7 months for service that doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV: No Picture, no Sound

Have you tried changing your TV input settings? Manually selecting a different input and then toggling back?

Can you try a different HDMI port/cable? It's not 100% clear what's showing on your TV screen from your description, but it sounds as likely to be an issue with your TV not picking up the video input, as anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HollyONeill
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks so much for your message. 

Unfortunately I have tried changing the input settings, and have tried a different HDMI, but to no avail.

The problem started in April when Virgin said they were doing works in the area, and that it should be fixed by August. The actual virgin box works, when I click on TV guide I can see all the channels, but when you click on the channel to watch, there is no picture or sound. Same when I go into an app like Netflix, I can choose a show, but when you click play, there is no sound or picture. 

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi HollyONeill,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues sound and picture on your set top box,

I have tried to have a look our end however I was unable to locate your account with the information we have for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos