Menu
ClaireN1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV IS GLITCHING

Hi

Every channel on my TV is glitching this has been happening for about a week and seems to be getting worse.

as a point of reference, trying to get on to BBC I player is practically impossible due to the glitches.

This is causing headaches and Im concerned this will set off a migraine.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV IS GLITCHING

You have described 2 separate faults there.

Your TV channels are carried as "broadcast" services, whereas your iPlayer (and other apps) are shown as internet-streams - a bit like YouTube videos.

A fault on your TV signals would only affect TV channels and not iPlayer, conversely an internet fault would affect any online viewing but not your broadcast TV channels.

Also, which TV box do you have? Is it a TiVo or a V6 - if you're not sure, check here . The boxes connect to the internet differently, so the checks can differ.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ClaireN1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

We have a tivo box

0 Kudos
ClaireN1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi we have a tivo box
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So potentially 2 issues then..

With your video streaming, on the front-left of the box there are 3 green lights, and the middle one (if you look closely) is next to a heart symbol. That light indicates your internet connection - if it's flashing, that's a fault.

If any of your TV channels are breaking up or pixellating, that's a service fault caused by poor TV signal.

Either of these issues are sufficient of their own, to justify a call to VM Faults to report. 150 from a VM landline or 0345 4541111.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks