Menu
diane1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Channels are pixelated and breaking up

Hi there,

For the last few months we have been experiencing some issues with our Virgin TV with the picture pixelating and breaking up.

In the last 3 weeks it has got to the point where it is unbearable and most channels are unwatchable.

It appears to affect almost every HD channel available, including some regular channels too.

We have tested with 2 Virgin TV boxes (One Samsung, another Cisco), multiple different HDMI and scart cables, ensured all cables were right-and-tight at all times, and even went out of our way to buy a new HD Television hoping it would resolve the issue.

I have been told that this is most likely an issue with the box, or the cables going into the wall.

I have seen from previous posts that the solution seems to be engineers visit on site to either replace the kit or the faults with the cables.

We have been with this service since back when it was Telewest, but these last few months have just been the worst we have experienced.

If someone is able to help, as the phone lines seem to automatically hang up after being on hold for an hour+, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Channels are pixelated and breaking up

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them. Unfortunately this forum isn't a direct alternative to calling in to report faults.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
diane1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,

Thanks for your reply. 
i have tried all of the automated tests and checks. The only issues I can find in my area are related to on demand which we don’t ever use. 

I tried calling 3 separate times today to call, but after we got past an hour on hold an automated voice played and the line was hung up. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In your first post you mentioned "We have tested with 2 Virgin TV boxes"

Does this mean...

1: Multiple boxes in different rooms have the same problem? This would tend to suggest an issue with the common, or external, cabling.

2: Different boxes all have the problem in the one room? This would suggest the cabling in one room is problematic.

3: One box has the problem in every room? This would suggest the box is duff.

Unfortunately, there isn't a quick fix to the phonelines, else everyone would be using it. Some people report better wait times earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos