Menu
simonranger
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Breakup Southampton area 21

We are getting severe break up on our TV. This has happened a few times now since our broadband an TV went down a few weeks ago. I’ve tried a system fault check and part way through it says technical error?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Breakup Southampton area 21

Picture breakup, assuming your connections are finger tight and you've restarted the box, is usually indicative of a fault somewhere that's causing poor incoming signal.

The fix therefore, is to address what is causing that signal breakup. It may be a box issue, it may be a cabling or connections issue - VM can determine this, once an engineer checks your setup.

You need to report the fault using 150 (or 0345 4541111), following the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Basic checks can be done remotely, before VM decide whether the next course of action is a box-swap or engineer visit. Anything else is unlikely to resolve the fault long-term.

In the meantime, if there's any particular channels breaking up, it may help to narrow the fault down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simonranger, thanks for your post - sorry for the delayed response.

I'm also sorry for the problems you've had with the service. Checking this from here today I can see there is a fault however a visit has already been arranged to get this sorted out. 

Please keep us posted with the outcome of that, we'd like to hear this has been resolved for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos
simonranger
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

the TV is now working. 

The engineer changed the box. 

0 Kudos