Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Box slow with occasional channel errors

Hi,

Our Tivo box is being increasingly temperamental. It can often be slow and unresponsive (e.g. listings taking a long time to display).

Restarting can sometimes resolve the issue. Sometimes it seems to reboot itself multiple times when restarted. Occasionally we get errors about channels not being authorised. Very often the picture is jerky, i.e. not smooth. Normal live digital TV via aerial is fine. Broadband fine, and no issues found when doing diagnostics.

Couldn't get through to any helpline or find a may to contact support or fix the problem on line.

Anybody got any ideas about how to resolve this and possibly get a new box?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box slow with occasional channel errors

Hi nigeldavidmaxey,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your set top box.  It sounds like a signal error, especially since you get messages about the channels not being authorised at times.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or hopefully send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise if you've used the online faults checker above and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you have one of the old TIVO's you could maybe also speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) let them sort out the signal issues, and ask them about a free replacement to a V6, and try and negotiate a new, discounted deal at the same time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nigeldavidmaxey,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the TiVo box. 

I have taken a look on our side and I cannot see showing up that could be affecting this.

Can you confirm if you TiVo box is connected via a Wired or Wireless connection? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is a wired connection for the TiVo box.

The problem is intermittent. Not many problems with box in the last week except some occasional juddering on picture. But the problems have become progressively more frequent over recent months.

Nigel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. What we can look to do is get an engineer out to investigate this. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos