Menu
ravibhatta
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Box Keep loosing Wifi Connection

Hi

I got my VirginMedia TV and Broadband (200MB) connection recently. It works fine most of the time, but my TV Box keeps loosing Wifi connection. I have noticed this happen few times on my mobile phone as well. If I reboot the devise or the WiFi Hub, connection comes back again. It is so annoying. 

VirginMedia says there are no limitations to number of devices we can use. I have about 8 devices, including mobile phones, laptops and tablets connected. I can understand lower bandwidth if all these devises are connected together, but it can't turn off some devices.

Any settings I am missing?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box Keep loosing Wifi Connection

What TV box do you have? Check here if you're not sure.

If it's a V6, what is the signal strength reported as under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

I'm otherwise not clear whether you're reporting a problem with the WiFi on your home-hub, or something else?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ravibhatta
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message japitts. I think I have V6 going by the shape of the box in the link. It is manufactured by HUMEX for VM. I have a Wifi Hub from ARRIS.

The networking setting etc. looks ok. Connection keeps dropping and comes back on its own. It happens with my laptop (Mac) connection as well. I suspect it is the poor quality Wifi Hub

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ravibhatta wrote:
I suspect it is the poor quality Wifi Hub

You could well be right. Pop a post over in the wifi section here for further advice.

When you say the networking settings "look ok", what do you mean by that? What is the signal strength reported as under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos