Menu
MikeP123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV APPS

Hi I cannot connect to IPlayer etc but have no probs with Netflix & YouTube.  Would this be a fault or a cable issues - states not internet?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV APPS

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure... check here 

What happens when you try to use iPlayer, you've not said.

All streaming services & OnDemand, use the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MikeP123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have a V6 1tb box in front room which is where the problem is.  I also have a V6 in back room and that is fine.  So it is not a Virgin problem to the house.  Although they are wired separately from the outside box.

Curiously our Virgin telephone wasn't working and the technician came to fix it the other day and that coincides with when the problem commenced but I don't see how it con be connected.  I ought to add that I had an old internal wi-fi boost system and have just replaced this with a virgin wi-fi boost box and disconnected my old Drytek boosters. The wi-f is working fine.  At the same time I moved all the cable connections onto a Netgear Switch.

What is odd is that I get Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube fine and it is just the TV apps BBCiPlayer, ITVhub etc that buffer and come up with a message no internet.

I've run the Virgin test programme and it shows an internet connection so I'm lost

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried swapping the boxes around?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MikeP123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All resolved.  Having spent ages checking everything I finally did the obvious re-boot and he presto all is working again.  Should always do that first if something is not working I suppose!

0 Kudos