Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TIVO crackles and does not work

My TIVO has stopped working - I get no output at all.  When plugged in - I get continuous crackling from the box that is alarming enough that I now leave it turned off.  Does anyone have any experience of similar and how do I get an engineer out whilst under COVID lockdown?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO crackles and does not work

Hi

Thank you for your message.

Is the crackling coming from the Tv box or from the power supply. Sometimes if the power supply connection is not in properly it can crackle ( there should be 2 parts to the power supply.) 

Can you please check this and message me Back thanks.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, It sounds like a new box is required please send a short text message to 07533 051809 and someone will call you back asap. There may be a wait as very busy at present, hope this helps.

If you can't manage to do it, you can Private Message me his account details I'll take a look at the diagnostics from our end to make sure everything looks ok.

Thanks Clive

(Please consider leaving some Kudos if this was helpful)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

During the Covid-19 pandemic we are still servicing our equipment and our engineers are still working hard to keep the country connected. If the stb is making a crackling noise like you say then you are doing the right thing by leaving it powered down.

Have you tried contacting customer services? If you are getting no joy through the call centre try the text service 07533 051 809 explain the problem and a call agent will get in touch

Thanks

Craig

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much - they were very helpful. Estimate time for a call back from technical of between 2 - 4 hours.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that worked just great. How do I save £50 off my bill. It is currently £136 and I am considering moving to try and find something cheaper.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not a power supply issue. Thank you - I have now been in touch with customer services.
0 Kudos