Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Remote

How do you go about getting a new remote for Tivo box? Remote is old and now several buttons no longer work, especially "guide" "TV" and "info" which is really annoying. Phone helpline is useless as you cant speak to a real person. Only automated responses culminating in a suggestion that they can check the fault from their end - Clever trick for a faulty remote!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Remote

call in it as a tv fault. They can send a replacement

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi david1949,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues getting your remote replaced, and I can appreciate you're keen to get a new one if some of the buttons aren't working.

Have you since been able to speak to the team to get a new one?

Let us know and we'll be able to help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't spoken to anyone yet - only automatic messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that you haven't been able to get through to anyone yet. 

Which option are you choosing and what is the automated line saying?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eventually (after about 20 minutes) got to speak to a real person. Not that helpful, and obviously running through a list of actions to find the fault, despite been told several times what the fault was ( It would have been obvious to a five-year old) Eventually I lost the rag, and he decided to send me a new remote. Has put me even more "off" VM. Their customer relations (if you can call it that) must be the worst of any company ever. I am normally an extremely calm person, but my telephone call eventually illicited a tirade of rage down the phone from me (for which I apologised to the recipient as he was probably only following what he has been told to do) But why should something so simple as getting a faulty remote replaced be so difficult, and result in me blowing a fuse? (not good for the blood pressure for a 70 year-old)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us David1949. 

I can fully appreciate the frustration but I'm glad a new remote has now been sent. 

Please let us know how you get on with it and if you do have any further issues please let us know and we'll do our best to help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos