Menu
FatTed
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Suspension of Sky sports Channel

With sporting event after sporting events being cancelled and with more cancellations in the pipe line. Does anyone know what VM intend doing about the Sky Sports package. Its a bit unfair to continue charging  for a channel that will have no live sporting events for the foreseeable future. 

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspension of Sky sports Channel

Hi I'm guessing they will still require 30 days notice, which is what I would do in the circumstances as soon as possible. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
rcpinsa
Dialled in
Message 3 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Sport

As Virgin/Sky/BT can not show Premier League Champions League, Europa League or any football for next 3/4 weeks and whilst I accept not their fault but will they provide compensation or allow a cancellation, if a fixed contract, as paying for something I will not receive.

FatTed
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 84
Flag for a moderator

I can`t see VM being particularly open about what they intend doing, if anything. But with all sports cancelling everything in sight I can`t see any sort of normality returning  to the screen until the Autumn at the very earliest. Its just going to be a total waste of money keeping it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 84
Flag for a moderator

@FatTed wrote:

I can`t see VM being particularly open about what they intend doing, if anything. But with all sports cancelling everything in sight I can`t see any sort of normality returning  to the screen until the Autumn at the very earliest. Its just going to be a total waste of money keeping it.

Don’t forget that VM just wholesale these channels. Because they are Premium channels it is the channel provider that sets the costs, not the platform providing them. It is therefore up to Sky/BT whether they will vary their resale agreements for you to get any reductions.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ensonricky
Tuning in
Message 6 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Everybody excepts that Sky/BT set the price structure but Virgin should either compensate or allow suspension of the sports subscriptions. 

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Neither Sky Sports nor BT Sport is about to give reductions, explanation is that several events have been postponed but not cancelled. However, as more cancellations are made, and it's possible that this will include the remainder of the professional football season and the whole of the F1 season, then their position will surely become untenable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
FatTed
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 84
Flag for a moderator

VM are not wholesalers, they are the retailers. The retailer is always responsible for the goods they sell, not the wholesaler ie Sky or BT. So VM has an ethical  decision to make. Should  they in all honesty keep on charging their customers for something that is virtually devoid of live content. Replacing live events with recordings is unacceptable.   

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 9 of 84
Flag for a moderator

If you were a direct subscriber to Sky you wouldn't get a reduction, so why should you get anything from VM? However if Sky and VM were to change their whholesale agreement for reduced Sky Sports prices, then VM would indeed be under pressure to pass the reduction on to its customers.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 84
Flag for a moderator

@FatTed wrote:

VM are not wholesalers, they are the retailers. 

In the TV industry the wholesale agreement controls everything, prices, rights to record, rights to stream. It is a service, not goods.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks