Menu
shaunalloyd97
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Suspended account

I would like to ask why my account has been suspended when my bill is not due for another 3days, that was when I was going to pay it. I have not exceeded my credit limit I owe £80, my credit limit is £180 which means they have switched me off when I owe less than half, which is absolutely ridiculous expecially because I can't actually pay until the due day because I don't have money untill then. To be honest this has never happend before, I've been switched off when it got to £130 which I understand and paid that but now they have switched me of at £80 come on. Confused!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspended account

Your credit limit has nothing to do with the suspension of your service.

Only non-payment, in full, of your bill will cause suspension.

The credit limit is a cap to stop you overspending on PPV, phonecalls and other one-off charges. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspended account

Hi shaunalloyd97,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that your services have been restricted earlier than you were expecting. Billing can be a complex issue to explain, but I'll do my best to clarify a few things for you.

As Ernie has advised, your credit limit isn't the only factor taken into consideration for service restrictions. It sounds like you might be a little behind with payments, as a restriction would be put in place when bills are overdue.

Each month, your bill will be generated on a certain date. Roughly 2-3 weeks after this is the given due date, which is when any scheduled direct debits would be taken. However, you don't have to pay by this due date, as long as the balance is cleared before your next bill date.

As an example, if your bill was generated on 1st November, your due date would have been around 15th November. As long as you paid the full bill by 30th November, you would not be overdue and would not trigger any further actions. However, if any of the bill remains unpaid beyond the new bill date on 1st December, a late fee would be applied and service restriction flags would be added to the account.

If any of this balance remains unpaid, you trigger the next part of the process and your services are put on hold until payment is made.

We would always send out text messages and emails to advise of the process and any relevant dates for restriction or disconnection. If these are returned to us as undeliverable, we would send out a letter to the account address. It's advisable to ensure that we have the correct contact details for you on file at all times. Have you checked that this is all correct in your online account?

I'd recommend you speak directly with our collections team on 03451424444 to discuss  payment options and arrange for the reconnection of your services.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos